Who doesn’t love pancakes? Start your (Sun)day right with this fantastic brunch recipe! These Maté Lemon pancakes are not only very delicious but also super healthy. Your roomies or spouse will be so happy when you put this stack of pancakes on the table!
This recipe makes about 6 Maté Lemon Pancakes, just the right amount for a perfect pancake stack!
40 gr Oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder
20g of Mr. Maté Lemon Mint
Toppings (optional): An extra banana, blueberries, grated coconut, and maple syrup.
For a stronger lemon flavor, you can add a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Brew a cup of strong Mr. Maté Fresh Lemon Maté. Add 20g (4 Spoons) to a glass together with half a cup of hot water (125 ml). Let it sit for a few minutes to cool down. Remove the Maté leaves from the glass with a sieve.
- Cut the banana into slices.
- Make the batter: Add the oats, banana, maté water, and 1 egg to a bowl and mix with a food processor or blender. Blend until you have a smooth batter, without lumps or chunks of oatmeal.
- Heat a little butter (or oil) in a frying pan.
- Add the pancake batter to the pan. You can make them as thick and large as you want!
- Bake for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown/green.
Create a nice pancake stack and add toppings of your choice, such as fresh fruits and maple syrup.
Enjoy your Fluffy American Maté-Pancakes!