Looking for a healthy, vegan, and super tasty snack? Then you must try these Maté Energy Balls!
You may know this power snack as bliss balls of protein balls, as they are almost indispensable in trendy lunchrooms. But you certainly don’t know them with Maté yet! Did you know you can also make them at home? It is super-fast, easy, and tasty!
These Maté energy balls are deliciously sweet, without any added sugars. The Maté makes these energy balls even more powerful and adds a delicious, subtle Maté taste! You can enjoy these Maté Energy balls as a snack, for breakfast, or as an extra boost during exercise!
This recipe is vegan and is good for about 6 Maté Energy Balls.
30g Coconut chips (dried)
4 Medjoul dates
0.5 tsp coarse sea salt
1 tsp Vanilla extract/aroma
15g Mr. Maté original
Toppings (optional): extra walnuts, coconut crumbs, or cocoa powder.
Let’s make ’em!
- Brew a strong cup of Maté. Add about 15g (3 Maté scoops) of Mr. Mate Original to 40 ml of hot water and let the maté steep for 5 minutes.
- Then, using a sieve, remove the maté leaves from the water.
- Add the walnuts and coconut chips to a blender and grind until the walnuts are crumbly. This can also be done with a stick blender.
- Pit the dates.
- Add the Maté water together with the dates, salt, and vanilla extract to the walnut-coconut mixture. Keep blending until a thick, sticky mixture forms.
- Remove the mixture from the blender and form the balls with your hands.
- Place the energy balls in the fridge for 30 minutes to stiffen up.
Tip: You can optionally roll the balls in the cocoa powder, coconut, or walnut crumbs before placing them in the fridge.
The Maté Energy Balls can be kept in the fridge for a week and can also be frozen! Enjoy!