Create a feel-good Maté Maple latte! This recipe is even possible vegan and is really delicious… Maple syrup contains many antioxidants and is a good substitute for sugar. It is a lot healthier than normal sugar. But, if you don’t want carbs in your winter drink: This recipe is also delicious without the maple syrup!
The yerba mate gives this Latte a light green color and of course the unique maté taste. It also gives a health boost to the Latte. We recommend that our Mr. Maté original blend, it has the original Maté flavor and gives a really beautiful green color to your Maté Maple Latte! but do you prefer a more warm winter vibe? Use our warm winter blend. This blend will give your latte a hint of cinnamon. Of course you are free to use all our other blends for the recipe. This can all be done to taste!
Vegan Maté Maple Latte
This recipe is vegan because it is made with almond milk. Almond milk also gives a nice taste to the drink and combines well with the Maté. Don’t have almond milk or soy milk at home? The recipe can be made in the same way with normal milk.
This recipe is for 2 large glasses of Maté Maple Latte
200 ml water
1 Mr. Maté Blend
500 ml almond milk
1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla powder)
2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional
If craving one, a cookie or a piece of cake!
- Put 2-3 scoops of a Mr. Maté Blend in a glass and pour 200 ml of hot (almost boiling) water over the Maté.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes and filter the Maté leaves from the water.
- Heat 400ml almond milk in a pan, together with the vanilla bean (cut open) and the maple syrup. Don’t let the milk cook!
- Make foam from the remaining almond milk in a milk frother
- Remove the vanilla bean.
- Pour the milk into the Maté water and top with the milk foam!
Share your creation on Facebook and Instagram and tag us!